Supporting yourself can be difficult, especially trying to make meals. In this column, I’m going to feature meals that are both simple and affordable, demonstrating step-by-step instruction along with pictures.
Creamy Chicken Salad
Prep time: 15-20 minutes
– This meal is meant to be served cold.
Ingredients (Walmart prices) TOTAL- $10.18 (not including tax)
- 2 Cans chunk chicken breast – $ 3.98
- Great Value Mayo – $ 1.94
- 2 cans Veg·all (7 mixed vegetables) -$1.14 each
- Tostadas – $ 1.98
- First, you’re going to want to get a medium-sized bowl. Then taking a can opener or depending on the can pull the tab on top to open. Drain the chicken juice and dump it into the bowl.
2. Take a fork and shred the chicken.
3. Next take both cans of Veg-all, drain the liquid and then dump the remaining vegetables into the bowl with the chicken.
- Mix the vegetables and chicken together until blended evenly.
- Now take two spoonfuls of mayo and continue mixing. You can add salt and pepper for your personal preference.
6. Finally, when you have the mixture to your liking, take a tostada and spread the mixture on top of the tostadas.
For bolder flavors you can add:
- Spices like chilies
- Hot sauce
With the remainder of the chicken salad, store it in an airtight container and place it in the fridge (Do not heat up).
I hope you enjoy the delicious recipe
- Katie’s Korner