Supporting yourself can be difficult, especially trying to make meals. In this column, I am going to feature meals that are both simple and affordable, demonstrating step-by-step instructions along with pictures.
Rotel Cheese Dip:
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 15 min
– This meal is meant to be served hot.
Ingredients (Walmart prices) TOTAL-$9.74 (not including tax)
- 1 pound Jimmy Deans sausage-$3.78
- 10 oz Rotel Tomatoes (undrained)-$0.98
- 16 oz Original Melt n Dip or Velveeta cheese-$4.98
- When doing this recipe, you’re going to want to cut the Melt n Dip or Velveeta into cubes big or small-sized sized. The smaller the pieces the faster it will melt.
- When you have them cut put it into a medium sized pot, (I recommend having your heat on low). Then as the cheese melts stir once or twice to keep from burning.
- While you’re waiting for your cheese to melt take the pound of sausage in a different than the cheese pan. Cook on medium heat until brown colored or all the way fully cooked through.
- After your meat is brown or fully cooked, drain the grease that is left into desired grease container. As you do this check on your cheese often. When fully melted pour your Rotel (not drained) into cheese mix it until fully incorporated.
- lastly in the cheese and Rotel mixture pour the meat into the pot. Then mix it together this should increase the heating and melting process. After mixed in, place lid on top and turn heat on low for about 5 min. When hot it is ready to be served and enjoyed.
For bolder flavors you can add:
- Chili powder
With the remainder of the Rotel Dip, store it in an airtight container and place it in the fridge. (can be reheated)
I hope you enjoy the delicious recipe.
- Katie’s Korner